August 7, 2013

Roam If You Want To

Went to Bozeman, MT last weekend to see my husband's family and friends. It was a great event and Im always astounded by how vibrant the downtown area is. Im even more astounded by the fact that my husband can pick up his friendships he held over 20 years ago and act as if not a day had passed. I envy that a little.

He asks me if I will move there with him when we are old?

"You mean next week?" I respond, rubbing the sore spots on my hips and knees after a water aerobics class.

Even though I know its in the distant future it is scary to think about leaving a community that I love behind. I have lived in this neighborhood for ten years now, which is a record for me. I've always been a 'traveling girl', ready to run off at the first signs of trouble or dash away to a new adventure when life got too mundane. Now, I'm a creature of habit who sings to her cat. When did that happen?

Still, I'm open to the next phase of my life. I've always counted on The Universe to guide me and it's never disappointed, at least when it comes to giving my life meaning. I may not always like, or even agree with the meaning, but every new chapter brings something to the table.

Anyways, will start catching up on this blog again soon. Until I have something solid to write I might just be rambling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditations on The Shadows of Dark Root

I may have gotten a bit metaphysical during the creation of The Shadows of Dark Root. I always knew I wanted Maggie and her companions to j...