September 24, 2015

Grateful for the Message

I'm not Catholic. But I'm spiritual. I've spent time dabbling in a lot of major religions, and several minor ones as well. What I've come to understand is that many of them say the same thing. In the words of Bill and Ted: Be excellent to each other.

So today I saw the Pope on CNN addressing a bipartisan Congress and I was moved to tears. His message was simple. Care for one another. Don't forget the vulnerable. Work towards bettering the future.

But most of all I was struck by the way everyone listened to him. Such a simple message and all ears and eyes were on him.

It really changed the nature of my day. For once I didn't walk around thinking 'if only I had this' or 'if only I could do that.' All I could think about today was gratitude.

The simplest messages are sometimes the best. And I'm very happy that I got to hear this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditations on The Shadows of Dark Root

I may have gotten a bit metaphysical during the creation of The Shadows of Dark Root. I always knew I wanted Maggie and her companions to j...