January 16, 2019

New Year - New Blog (Kind Of)

My last post was almost three years ago. I've been writing so much fiction I've kind of neglected my blog, but I'm ready to jump back in.

I'll start with a quick update: I have completed the entire Daughters of Dark Root series last year, and I admit, I'm in love. The series isn't perfect. There are things I would change. But it is good. Really good. Like 'How did I write something this good, good?" I know not everyone will agree. We all have our own tastes and preferences, but I love it. I'm very proud of it. These books took a big chunk of my life and soul and I'm so happy to have produced something so lovely that I can send out into the world.

I decided to end the series at five books. When you read book 5 you'll see it was a natural ending. Maggie's story isn't quite done, however, and her family has yet to tell their tales. So, I began the spin-off series:  The Children of Dark Root. Its four years after the last book, and the next generation of witchy kids has arrived. Maggie may have her hands full! It's a good thing she's a master of magick, now! The first book came out in October and I'm working on Book 2 now! (You can read sample at link above).

Anyway, I'll try really hard to keep this blog updated with life scenarios for those who are curious, and writing updates. I'll probably not post as many short stories now, as you can see I'm in full steam writing novels, but I'll share snippets of my current stories.

Cheers to 2019!
Buy Book One HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meditations on The Shadows of Dark Root

I may have gotten a bit metaphysical during the creation of The Shadows of Dark Root. I always knew I wanted Maggie and her companions to j...