June 22, 2015

What's Up...

I realize I haven't been posting lately. I've been working hard on finishing up the third installment of my Daughters of Dark Root series and The Curse of Dark Root is finally done! Finally!

I'm getting faster at writing, I guess. This one is 80,000 words long and took me nine months to write four drafts. Of course, the last few months were exceptionally long days (maybe 12-14 hours per day) but I love the story so much and it was worth it. And whenever I think 'writing is hard' I have to remember the days when I waited tables or cleaned houses. That was hard work. And even though I've had cushier jobs since those days, I still know how blessed I am that I get to wake up every day and realize my dream.

Yes, writing is hard, but its a labor of love. It doesn't always come out the way I envisioned it but sometimes, if the moon is right, it comes out even better.

I'll try and stay more current now.

Here's to a lovely summer!

April Aasheim

1 comment:

Meditations on The Shadows of Dark Root

I may have gotten a bit metaphysical during the creation of The Shadows of Dark Root. I always knew I wanted Maggie and her companions to j...